- This 3-hour training originally recorded on September 30, 2022, covers each of the following topics: the MCB Peer Recovery Specialist Code of Ethical Conduct; the IC&RC Peer Recovery domains; relevant statutes, rules, and standards relevant to the provision of peer recovery services in Minnesota; and supervision concepts pertinent to peer recovery. This training meets the education and training requirements for the Minnesota Certification Board’s Approved Supervisor (Peer Recovery) credential. This training will be delivered live via Zoom. Participants will receive an email with the Zoom link the week of the training.
Supervisor Basics (1.5 hours)
Speaker: Tim Saubers (CPS)
- What supervisor’s need to know about the role of peer specialists
- Integrating peer values into supervisory practices
- Ethical leadership in peer supervision
MCB Peer Recovery Specialist Code of Ethical Conduct (1 hour)
Speaker: Roy Kammer (Ed.D., LADC, ADCR-MN, CPPR, LPC (MN), LPC (SD), NCC) and Cynthia Baade (CPRSR)
- Overview of MCB’s Code of Ethical Conduct
- Complaint Process for Ethical Violations
Peer Recovery Specialist Supervisor Requirements & Relevant Rules/Statutes (.5 hours)
Speaker: Roy Kammer (Ed.D., LADC, ADCR-MN, CPPR, LPC (MN), LPC (SD), NCC) and Jesse Kaplan (CPRSR, CPSS)
- Basic Overview of Requirements and Process for Peer Certification
- Responsibilities of Peer Recovery Supervisor
- 245G Requirements for Peer Specialists
Evaluation, Posttest and Certification of Completion
- Participants must view the full 3 hours of the recorded training. At the end of the training session, participants must complete an evaluation, and take a posttest quiz scoring 80% or greater to be awarded 3 hours of continuing education credits (CEUs).
- A certificate of completion will be emailed to participants upon completion of the evaluation and posttest.